3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive 3535 is an off-white, non-sag, two-component polyurethane adhesive. This urethane adhesive has a 3 minute work life for fast cure applications. Ideal for bonding dissimilar substrates, such as composites, SMC, FRP, many plastics, ceramic, wood, rubber, and metal.
- Two part urethane delivers extremely tough, semi-flexible bonds
- Designed for vertical and other applications that require no slumping or sagging of the adhesive bead
- Low-temperature flexibility
- Flexible adhesive that is capable of bonding dissimilar substrates
- Off-white color
- Flexible for mounting brackets on thin panels or mirrors without read-through
- Semi-flexible plastic or composite bonding
- Bonding rough fabrics to rubber for conveyor belts
Understanding Urethane Adhesives
Two part urethane adhesives cure chemically, rather than relying on moisture from the air. Because of this, they can cure quickly with no depth of cure issues in contrast to one-part urethane adhesive sealants. Urethane adhesives will bond most common materials such as wood, metals, rubbers, leather, tile and glass, many plastics, concrete and more.
The versatility of urethane adhesives is exhibited in the different formulations that have varying cured properties such as different levels of stiffness or flexibility, open time and cure speed, and hardness. They can cure to a relatively rigid or highly flexible state to meet a wide range of requirements. In either finished state, urethane adhesives will maintain bond strength integrity through variable environmental factors such as temperature, moisture and chemical exposure.